Wednesday 9 May 2012

The Beach

Hey guys,
Lately it's been raining heaps but we were able to fit in a quick trip to the beach.  It was warm but not warm enough to swim - heck this is South Australia! Hardy (my non-diabetic dog) almost got swept out to sea.  I personally thought it was hilarious how he got dunked by the wave.  Which makes me think of another story I'd like to tell...
A few months ago in Warrnambool a friend and I went bodyboarding.  We went about three quarters of the way out to the buoy.  Next minute we were past the buoy on our way to the Antarctica!!  We were in a huge rip.
Back on the beach, my Mum and my friend's Mum were yelling, running and crying.  They acted as if there was a shark behind us!  We didn't know what the heck was going on, we didn't even realise how dangerous the situation was. 
Next thing two lifesavers turn up and we finally clicked.  My arms were burning up from all the paddling.  By the time we got back in we were so tired we could have gone to bed. I felt like I'd just come out of the refrigerator. 
Fortunately my levels were a little bit higher to start with that morning so I didn't have a hypo.  Mum said I wasn't to go anywhere near water for the next month including the shower or bath!!!!! 

Sorry I didn't update my blog in a while.  I was going to shut it down.  Then I thought again. 

Check out my blog during the Diabetes Blog Week (May 14-20). Click here to see more www.bittersweetdiabetes.com

Hope you've all had a great week, Nick

4 comments:

  1. Yay, so glad you didn't shut down your blog and that you've signed up for Diabetes Blog Week!!! Thanks for the shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment!! I'm glad I didn't shut down my blog too. Looking forward to next week. Nick

    ReplyDelete
  3. DON'T THINK OF DELEATING! I love your blog Nick!

    Wow, on your way to Antarctica! Did you see any penguins? ( :

    ~Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did see some thing but I'm not shore if it was a pinguin. I'm not going to deleat my blog any more!!!Love Nick

    ReplyDelete